28 Mar 2022. KENYA HEALTH WORKERS ANNUAL CONVENTION 2022.
Theme: Building back Better: A sustainable, Resilient Human Resource for Health for post Covid Recovery and Attainment of UHC.
The conference brought together all health workers, responsible government entities and partners to deliberate on solutions that would improve and ensure uninterrupted health service delivery as envisioned under vision 2030 and Universal Coverage.
Kenya Health Workers Annual Convention 2022 Resolutions are as follows:
- Ensuring the implementation of annual employment of healthcare workers to meet the WHO 2013 recommendation for employment of 12000 healthcare workers for attainment of UHC.
- Ensuring continuous increase of budgetary allocation for health towards the 15% baseline as envisioned by Abuja declaration.
- Ensuring effective HRH management and harmonization across the county government.
- Timely conclusion, registration and implementation of pending CBAs.
- Quarterly meetings between workers representatives and employers to discuss challenges.