The University of Nairobi and KMPDU have successfully reached a mutually beneficial agreement on Master of Medicine (MMed) school fees.This agreement signifies a positive outcome after extensive negotiations and serves as a significant achievement for both parties involved. Here is a summary of the key highlights of the agreement:
1. Reduced fees for 2021/2022 and 2022/ 2023 groups to 247,000 KES for the entire study period. (down from 648,000)
2. Lower fees for 2023/2024 group: 345,000 KES in 1st year, 300,000 KES thereafter.(down from 648,000)
3. Fee stability for continuing students, no increases.
4. Inclusive stakeholder involvement in future fee discussions.
5. Compensation of 4,000 KES per hour for extra duties.
6. Two-month breaks for locum and logbook activities.
7. Curriculum review for better alignment.
8. Exam access for government sponsored students with MOH commitment letters.
9. Certificate of Completion for all registrars, regardless of fee arrears.
This collaborative agreement showcases the commitment of both the University and the KMPDU to prioritize the interests of students and the future of medical education. By working together, we are advancing towards our shared goal of producing highly skilled and qualified medical professionals who will contribute to the achievement of sustainable development and national priorities.